Monday, July 23

A new home

Last Thursday I was in total stress. I found out that it is so difficult to find a cheap and nice place to rent, and that I had no time left to have a good look. I decided to go for flat-sharing (share a flat with somebody) and I could find only one affordable advertisement. So I sent an email at night. Actually a bit accidentally because my laptop wouldn't shut down.

The next morning I received a phone call from a friendly lady and we made an appointment to have a look at the apartment the same night. So I informed Eva, and we both went to the apartment. Exactly at 8pm we arrived.

When the door opened I was overwhelmed by the nice decorations and I felt immediately at home. I had a nice talk with the owner Tess, and it clicked with Eva as well. The apartment is in good shape (not so common for that price range), cheap ("only" 4500 HKD or 450 euros a month) and quiet. That last thing is quite important since it's next to a busy road and the apartment is only at the 5th floor. But that road makes it very convenient to get to work. The apartment is also close to Eva's place. Furthermore everything I need is literally around the corner!

Although I haven't got a real place for myself, it is still very nice. I like to live with others, since I enjoyed my time with my old roommates in The Netherlands and the time here in HK with Patrick. Furthermore its nice to have a friend around, because it is still a big city.

So I'm really looking forward to live there. It's on Hong Kong Island this time, so more close to the city centre. Luckily the neighbourhood is quiet but has all the convenience of living in the city centre. I'm just a few minutes away from the city buzz and nature parks. Great! :-)

5 comments:

  1. hey guys!
    Great news about your apartment bart - when do you move in?
    Got any photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is officially mine the 13th of August. However, I arrive back in Hong Kong on the 8th of September. Hopefully I get my visa soon so I can start again by the 10th.

    Sorry, haven't got photos, but I promise there will be uploaded plenty when I move in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..may I know the address/contact number of the place?! maybe they still have room. I really need a cheap apartment now. Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicky, I believe she moved out by now. But check some expat websites, always a lot of people want to share apartments, and conditions are good. (www.asiaexpat.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well,I plan to have the place by my own with that similar price..not to share. But I will check the expat websites.. thanx Bart :-)

    ReplyDelete