Wednesday, May 23

The story continues...

Believe it or not, but I received another set of new banking cards from my bank in The Netherlands. So once again I had to contact my bank to clear this thing up. This time I'm still able to use my banking card. They are now going to block one of the credit cards, but something tells me that therefore this story is still not over... Another thing of interest is that the chips on my cards start to rust. I think it is because of the humidity here in HK, but let's hope this will not cause any problems...

Besides banking troubles I'm doing very well. Tomorrow is a public holiday - Buddha's birthday - and I'm planning to visit the Cheung Chau Bun Festival. I'm quite exited about that, since I saw something about it in the History Museum. Actually, I haven't told you yet about it, but the museum was very interesting. Especially because it took me two days and in total 6 hours to see it all, and then I even skipped some small parts.

This week I also had a couple nice dinners with Patrick's parents and sister. I'm also looking forward for the weekend, because then I might take a second chance to jump from the Macau Tower. But I have to check how the weather is, because it's quite windy lately...

Ok, that's it for now. To keep you busy you can have a look at the photos I took during the last hike on Lamma Island.

Dutch:

Geloof het of niet, maar ik heb wederom een nieuw setje bankpassen ontvangen vanuit Nederland. Dus voor de zoveelste keer moest ik weer een telefoontje plegen om de boel op orde te brengen. Deze keer kan ik gelukkig nog wel geld opnemen. Ze gaan nu een van de credit cards blokkeren, maar iets zegt me dat daardoor dit verhaal nog niet afgelopen is... Iets anders interessants is dat mijn chips op de passen beginnen te roesten. Ik denk dat het komt door de hoge luchtvochtigheid hier in Hong Kong. Laten we hopen dat dit niet ook meer problemen gaat geven. ;-)

Naast bankproblemen gaat het verder prima. Morgen heb ik een vrije dag vanwege de public hiliday Buddha's Birthday, en ben ik van plan om het Bun Festival op Cheung Chau te bezoeken. Dat lijkt me erg leuk omdat ik er vanalles over heb gezien in het History Museum. Hierover heb ik jullie nog niet verteld, maar het museum was erg interessant. Misschien ook wel doordat ik er twee dagen en in totaal 6 uur voor nodig had om alles te zien, en dan had ik nog wat stukjes over geslagen.

Deze week heb ik nog een paar keer lekker gegeten met Patrick zijn ouders en zusje. Ik kijk ook al uit naar het weekend, want dan ga ik misschien nog een keer van de Macau Tower springen. Maar dat moet ik nog even zien, want het weer is de laatste tijd een beetje winderig...

Ok, dat is het voor nu. Om jezelf te vermaken kun je een kijkje nemen naar de foto's die ik heb genomen tijdens de afgelopen wandeling op Lamma Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment