Thursday, October 16

Half Hong Kong Marathon Challenge

Whether it was a good decision or not, I've signed up for the Half Hong Kong Marathon Challenge for 2009. That's just 3 months from now... Last year I ran the 10k with Eva from which I still cherish some good memories.

This year I want to go a step further. Of course because I would like to see an improvement and get closer to the ultimate goal of running a full marathon. But mostly to beat Eva as she run last year 1 second faster than me! Although I would like to make a gentleman's gesture, Eva has been bragging about this significant difference for long enough now... :-P

So February 8th, 2009, that will be the day I'll write history. Eva and I are both running the Half Marathon, where she will do the regular run and I will do the challenge. A challenge it will be, as I will have to finish within 2 hours and 15 minutes! Last year I ran the 10k in 1 hour and 11 minutes, so it will be a close one! :-D

Let the running begin! :-)

[Dutch] Of het een goed idee was weet ik niet, maar ik heb me ingeschreven voor de halve Hong Kong Marathon Challenge 2009. Deze vindt plaats over ongeveer 3 maandjes. Het afgelopen jaar heb ik samen met Eva de 10km gerend, waar ik nog steeds mooie herinneringen aan heb.

Dit jaar is het echter tijd om een stapje verder gaan. Natuurlijk omdat ik een verbetering wil zien en om dichter bij het uiteindelijke doel van een volledige marathon te komen. Maar vooral om Eva te overwinnen omdat ze vorig jaar maar liefst 1 seconde sneller was dan ik! Hoewel dit voornamelijk als een vriendelijk gebaar was bedoeld, heeft Eva over dit wezenlijk verschil wel genoeg kunnen opscheppen... :-P

Dus, 8 februari 2009 wordt de dag dat ik geschiedenis schrijf. Eva en ik rennen beide de halve marathon, waarbij zij de algemene doet en ik de Challenge (uitdaging). Een uitdaging wordt het zeker, want ik moet de race binnen 2 uur en 15 minuten voltooien! Afgelopen jaar deed ik over de 10km 1 uur en 11 minuten, dus het gaat er om spannen! :-D

Laat het rennen van start gaan! :-)

5 comments:

  1. hehe, I challenge you as well then ;-). Am planning on running the half marathon in angkor wat under 2 hours.. At least that's what the rest of the group is going for...

    But we'll see though.. after last nights week squash performance, I better start training very very soon.. as it is the first weekend in December...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck Bart! 10 kms! wow i'd be lucky to run 100m!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adam! Actually, the half marathon is even more, 21km!

    I can still feel the muscle pain from yesterdays small run. Damn, it's going to be a real battle to complete the full run, 21km is a lot! :-S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bart!

    Nice to read up on you again. I see life in HK has been treating you well.

    Funny thing is that i'm training for the 21km marathon aswell ^_^, ofc not in HK but in Eindhoven.

    Looking forward to reading some more, and ofcourse your marathon result so i have a strive to beat :P

    Greetings from Venlo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Don: great to hear from you! When will you run your half marathon?

    Btw, you can check some more on my twitter account: http://twitter.com/bgever

    ReplyDelete