Saturday, June 23

The good and the bad (news)

Well, this will be a log with some special highlights, including career news and money crisis! So what happened? Well, yesterday I had a talk with my boss Hans, and he announced me the amazing news that he would like to offer me a one year contract in Hong Kong after my graduation. There still need to be arranged some things, but I'm confirmed that the process is ongoing. :-)

In my total happiness I went home and lost my wallet on the minibus. My banking cards, insurance cards, Dutch Identity Card, apartment key card, octopus and 700HKD gone! Totally in panic I walked down the whole minibus route, but couldn't find the minibus (they're sometimes waiting at the end station). So I went straight to home and blocked my credit card. Bought with borrowed money (thanks for that Daniel!) a new key card. Then we went to the bus station to find there the minibus end station and explained my situation to the route manager. He noted everything down and we were ready to head off to Lan Kwai Fong for Patrick's and Ton's bday-party. Went after dinner to the Police station to fill in an form what took quite some time. So that's the bad news...

However, I'm so lucky that my bank accidentally sent me those double new banking cards to Hong Kong. Because I was able to enable that unused card that I still have within 30 minutes over phone and email. This was more than enough to restore my trust in my bank again. :-D

Dutch:

Nou, dit wordt een bericht met speciale hoogtepunten waaronder carrière nieuws en een geldcrisis! Dus, wat is er gebeurd? Nou, gisteren heb ik met mijn baas Hans gepraat, en hij kondigde het geweldige nieuws aan dat hij mij een jaarcontract wil aanbieden in Hong Kong voor na mijn afstuderen. Er moet nog steeds een paar dingen geregeld worden, maar het proces is in ieder geval op gang. :-)

In mijn gelukkigheid ben ik toen naar huis gegaan om in de minibus mijn portemonnee te verliezen. Mijn bankpassen, verzekeringspassen, Nederlandse Identiteitskaart, apartement card-key octopus en 700HKD, allemaal weg! Volledig in paniek ben ik toen de gehele minibusroute afgelopen, maar ik kon niet het eindstation vinden (waar ze soms nog even blijven wachten). Dus ik ben gelijk naar huis gegaan en heb mijn creditcard geblokkeerd. Toen heb ik een nieuwe key-card gekocht met geleend geld van Daniel (bedankt daarvoor!). Toen zijn we samen naar het busstation gegaan om daar het eindstation te vinden en de situatie uit te legen aan de minibus manager. Hij heeft toen alles opgeschreven en we waren gereed om naar Lan Kwai Fong te gaan om Patrick's en Ton's feestje te bezoeken. Daarna ben ik naar het Politiebureau gegaan om daar aangifte te doen en dat duurde even voordat ik daarmee klaar was. Dus dat is het slechte nieuws...

Gelukkig heeft mijn bank dubbele passetjes naar mij verstuurd in Hong Kong, waardoor ik deze binnen 30 minuten telefonisch en over e-mail kon activeren. Dit was voldoende om mijn vertrouwen in de bank te herstellen. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment